Filipino Baguio Beans Stew Recipe (Abitsuelas Guisado)
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (crashed)
- 1/2 cup Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Pork meat (Cubed)
- 1/4 cup Shrimp
- 1/4kg abitsuelas (baguio beans) (sliced 1)
- 1 cup shrimp soup
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
|Saute onion, garlic, tomato in a preheat oil in a pan.|
|add pork meat until red disappeared and meat is tender|
|add shrimp and abitsuelas (beans).|
|Pour the shrimp soup.|
|Wait until the vegetable is cooked.|
|add salt and pepper to taste.|
Filipino beef caldereta is a traditional filipino recipe. The dish is quite popular around the Luzon area in the Philippines. Commonly this dish is served during parties or festivals and special occasions.
Filipino Beef Caldereta Recipe
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||2 hours, 30 minutes|
|Total time||3 hours|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
- 1kg Beef (Cubed)
- 2 pieces Red Potatoes (Diced)
- 1 Large Carrot (Diced)
- 1 piece Red Onion (Chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 piece Red bell pepper (Cubed)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Large Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
|Heat the cooking oil in the pan at medium heat and saute the garlic and onion.|
|Add the beef and let it cook until the beef turns brown|
|Add the water and let it boil until the beef is tender (approximately 1,5 to 2 hours)|
|Add the carrots and potatoes until they are soft.|
|Add the tomato sauce and the liver paste and let the mixture simmer for another 10 minutes|
|Add the rest of the ingredients and let is simmer for another 5 minutes|
|Finally add salt and pepper to taste and the dish is ready to be served.|
Filipino Dinuguan Dish is made from pork blood. The name Dinguan means blood in the Tagalog language. The taste of the vinegar and green pepper makes this Filipino Dish one of it’s kind.
Filipino Dinuguan Dish (Pork Blood Stew)
|Serves||3 - 5|
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||1 hour|
|Total time||1 hour, 20 minutes|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 Small Onion (minced)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2kg pork belly (diced)
- 150g pork liver (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup pig blood
- 5 pieces green peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Prepare separately the pork belly: let it simmer in a pot for about 30 minutes until tender and put it aside.
|Put in a cooking pan the cooking oil and sauté the garlic and onion until golden brown.|
|Add the diced pork belly and pork liver with some salt and pepper to add taste and stir fry approx. 10 min.|
|Add the vinegar and bring it to a boil.|
|Simmer for another 10 minutes or until the liquid is almost gone|
|Add the pork blood and chili finger and mix well. Let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens,|
One of the most famous Filipino Dishes is Bocol Express. The Filipino dish comes from Malate but made with Bicolano style. The Dish is origionally named after the Bicol passenger express train. There are lots of variants of Bicol Express from which we will descripe one of my favorite below.
Ingredients needed for Filipino Bicol Express:
- 1/2 kg pork, sliced or diced into small pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of bagoong (Shrimp Paste)
- 4 cloves Garlic, Crushes
- 6 to 8 pieces chili finger (Sliced)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 10 pieces beans (Baguio beans)
- salt and pepper, to add taste
Procedure for cooking Filipino Bicol Express:
Put the oil in a pan. At medium heat add the onion and garlic until the garlic is golden brown. Next you add the pieces of pork and cook it until it gets brown (about 6 or 8 minutes). Now you add the bagoong (shrimp paste) and the chili fingers and stir.
Next you add the coconut milk and the Baguio beans and you may add some salt or petter to add some taste. Mix everything together and let it simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes. (until the pork is tender and sauce is thick)
The best way to serve is when it’s still hot.
Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado is another variety of noodle dish which uses Sotanghon (vermicelli) as the main ingrediënt. This dish typically uses anato seeds or Achiote (achuete) for coloring purposes but since it’s hard to find in our area, if not unavailable, i decided not to include it in the list of ingredients.
Ingredients needed for Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado Dish are::
- 1 klo. Vermicelli noodles
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 kilo chicken
- 1000 ml water
- virgin coconut oil or ordinary cooking oil
- 1 medium sized onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 pcs small-medium sized carrots (julliened)
- about 1 cup spring onions (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp. fish sauce
- fried garlic (optional)
Procedures for cooking Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado Dish:
- Put the chicken cube in the water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken and let it simmer until it becomes soft enough to fall apart on its own. (about an hour).
- Remove the chicken from the broth. Set aside the broth for later use.
- Shred the chicken. Discard skin and bones. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic.
- Add the shredded chicken and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots and spring onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and the sotanghon noodles. Mix well while cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish with some spring onions and fried garlic.
Ingredients needed for Filipino Grilled Tuna Panga (jaw) :
- 1/2 cup soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (300 grams) tuna panga
Procedure for cooking Filipino Grilled Tuna Panga (jaw):
- Mix well sugar and soy sauce.
- Broil panga (jaw). Open it and spread the mixed soy sauce and sugar all over until cooked.
- Serve with buttered veggies.
Filipino Eggplant Caviar is a Filipino Dish typically served during special occasions. Its not a common dish but a healthy one! We want to thank the author for submitting this Filipino Dish. Thanks a lot for your post!!
Ingredients needed for the Filipino Eggplant Caviar are:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup onion finely sliced.
- 1 cup green bell pepper finely sliced.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 potato finely sliced.
Procedure to prepare Filipino Eggplant Caviar:
- Broil eggplant until roasted. make sure all parts of eggplant is roasted.
- Remove the skin of the broiled eggplant.
- scrape the eggplant and put it in a big bowl.
- throw away the eggplant skin.
- in a pan, saute onion, garlic until golden brown and the green pepper.
- add the scraped eggplant.
- add tomato.
- mix well to cook
- add oil if its sticky already.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- put the cooked eggplant caviar in a serving dish.
Filipino Tortang Giniling na Baboy Recipe is a simple Filipino dish which is typically served during breakfast or lunch. The Dish as described below is the traditional way to cook it. You can however add other ingrediënts like vegetables. Your children won’t have a clue!
The main ingrediënts needed for the Filipino Tortang Giniling na Baboy Recipe are:
- Three cloves garlic, pounded finely
- One large red onion, minced finely
- 450 grams ground pork
- One big potato, skinned and chopped in cubes
- One tablespoon black pepper (ground)
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- six pieces of egg (beaten)
- Oil for cooking
Procedure to prepare Filipino Tortang Giniling na Baboy Recipe:
Start to saute the garlic until it is medium brown. Add the minced onions and potatoes. Add the ground pork after the potatoes are half cooked. You may add some salt and pepper to taste and wait until the pink of the meat if gone and the ground pork is tender. Put the mixture aside and let it cool down. Then add the the beaten eggs to the ground pork mixture and mix all ingredients together. Pour the mixture into a pan and fry it until the color of the egg is golden brown on both sides. Serve warm with a sauce like ketchup.
Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is a favorite Filipino dish among children especially cause of it’s sweet taste. Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is typically served during occasions like birthday parties, Christmas and other special occasions. Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is a fairly easy dish to cook and doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare.
The main ingrediënt needed for the Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad are:
- 250 grams of Elbow Macaroni
- One can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1.5 cups of drained nata de coco (coconut gel)
- One cup of Raisins
- 100 Grams of Cheddar Cheese
- One can of drained Pineapple (500 g)
- One can of drained Fruit Cocktail (500 g)
- One green apple (cubed)
Procedure to prepare Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad:
First bring some water to a cook and place the elbow Macaroni into the pan. Let it boil according to the directions on the package. When done drain the water and rinse the macaroni with cold water and let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
When the macaroni is done place it in a big bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.Mix all the combined ingredients very well and cover the bowl.
Finally place the covered bowl in the fridge for about an hour.
Lastly serve the Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad cold.
Crispy Pata is yet another traditional Filipino Dish made from fried pork legs. Pata which means Pork Feet in the Spanish language is quite popular due to it’s crispiness and delicious taste after dipping it in vinigar with soya sauce. Even it’s not a healthy Filipino Dish cause it’s high in cholesterol, people can’t resist the the delicious taste of the pork and it’s ease to eat.
The main ingrediënt needed for the Crispy Pata dish are:
- One pork leg (pata) with skin
- Four litres water for boiling
- Two tablespoons of salt
- Cooking Oil for frying
- Three bay leaves
- One red onion
- Three cloves garlic
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- Half cup of water
- One cup vinegar
- Quarter cup of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of black pepper (grinded)
First take the pork leg and boil it with two tablespoons of salt and bay leaves in four litres of water for about one hour until the pork is tender. When it’s done and the meat it tender enough let it drain/air dry for about three hours. Make sure the meat is really dry and all moisture is out of the meat!