Pangat na Isda (pinangat or Paksiw)
Pangat is a Tagalog word that means to cook in vinegar or steam the fish. Pangat na Isda is an easy dish to prepare.
The Philippines has more than 7000 islands and anywhere you go there are many versions of this recipe. This recipe is from the Southern part of Aurora Province where the Pacific Ocean lies. The fish that we use here is a fresh catch. So it’s healthy and sweet.
- Serves - 4
- Prep time - 10 minutes
- Allergy - Fish
- Meal type - Lunch or Main dish
- Region - Asian
Ingredients for Pangat na Isda
- Ginger (3 small pcs)
- Onion (3 big pcs)
- Ground Black pepper (1/2 tbsp)
- Vinegar (1/2 cup)
- ¼ fish (any variety)
- vetsin (ajinimoto)
Directions to prepare Pangat na Isda
- Chop the ginger and onions into small pieces
- Lay the ingredients in the following manner:
- Lay ginger at the base, next onion, fish, ginger onion, salt and vetsin.
- Cook until fish bone is soft.
- Cook at medium heat.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.