Filipino Ginataang Halo-Halo Dessert
Ginataan is a word that, in english, literally means “done with coconut milk”. Meaning that any food cooked in coconut milk can be described as Ginataan. In the Philippines we know a variety of Filipino Ginataan as a Dessert. In this Blog we will describe the most common cooked Ginataan.
The ingredients needed for this dessert are:
- one cup of glutininous rice (sweet rice) flour
- six saba, sliced
- three cups of coconut milk
- cup of water
- 100 g cooked sago pearls
- one camote (sweet potato), cubed
- half cup of white sugar
- one gabi (taro root), cubed
The procedure to prepare this dessert is:
- Mix the rice flour and the water together and blend them well using hands until it gets soft and dough like
- Make them into small balls and place them aside.
- Put the coconut milk in a pan, add some sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Next add the sliced saba, sago, camote gabi and flour balls. let the mix simmer on a reduced heat for another 15 minutes until the whole mixture is properly cooked. When finished place it in a bowl and serve it warm.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.